We return to Bok Tower Gardens this Spring, to provide a peaceful setting to develop inner peace and grow in love. Participants will enjoy:
- Introduction and meditation instruction with time for questions and discussion
- Sitting and walking meditation for beginning and experienced meditators
- Easy access to outside garden space for periods of walking meditation
- Covered dish vegetarian lunch coordinated by members of the Heartland Insight Meditation Group
- Admission to Bok Tower Gardens, usable on our long lunch break, or before or after the retreat
Course Taught by Peter Carlson
Peter has practiced meditation for more than thirty years and taught Vipassana (Insight) Meditation for more than twenty years. His training includes three-month courses at the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) in Barre, MA. Peter is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in private practice in Winter Park, Florida.
When: Saturday, April 15, 2017 | 9 AM – 5 PM
Where: The new Discovery Classroom, Bok Tower Gardens, 1151 Tower Boulevard, Lake Wales, Florida 33853
Please bring: Experienced participants can bring a small vegetarian dish to share with the group. Please contact Darek Smith, 863-537-0133 or by email, if you would like to bring a small vegetarian dish. Bring cushions if you prefer to meditate sitting on the floor. The floor is made of hard tile so you may consider a small carpet square or rug.
To register or more information: Contact Jeanette Johnson 321-303-7607 or by email. To reserve your spot, send a $30 check or money order made to: “Jeanette Johnson” 10465 Montpelier Circle, Orlando, Florida 32821. To confirm your payment, use email to correspond with Jeanette.